What you'll have here:
- In-house products: Working on products that we use every day and have millions of users. Some of them are your friends, neighbours, family members. We are our own clients. Our opinions and experiences directly shaping the products that we design and create.
- People: You will work with experts, community leaders and senior engineers who made these products from scratch. They will reveal to you how the whiteboard idea turns into a worldwide platform.
- Internal learning sessions and innovation challenges: We are an innovation center primarily and you can be part of initiatives, research and focus groups… and don’t miss to take a place in innovation challenges and hackathons
- Tech stack: We are tech agnostic and programming languages are just a tool, but they can make our job easier if we choose the right tool for the job.
- Engineering mindset: We are engineering our solutions from the ground up using open-source tools and customizing them to our needs. We worry about performance, we analyze and observe our system. We are not throwing money at the problem, we actually care if things could be more optimal.
- Career growth: We strongly believe in feedback culture and development plans.
- Community: You want to share your knowledge with the community? We are organizing meetups (DevOps Talk Belgrade) and internal workshops. You are more than welcome to participate. If you are not a great speaker, that is also fine.
- Building, designing, and creating platform from scratch
- Ensuring high-performance and availability and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Strong background and expertise in building architecture from scratch.
- Hands-on experience in creating efficient, scalable, and customizable applications tailored to the specific architectural needs.
- Designing APIs and developing new tools for migrations.
- Building and maintaining new microservices (Go, Python and Node.js) that enable integration with the core platform.
- Recommend code and design optimizations to improve the scalability of the applications and maximize performance.
- Leading, mentoring, and growing the community of engineers.
- Collaborating and coordinating work with other Feature teams.
- Creating POCs and documenting technical designs and solutions.
- Proposing, planning and implementing further improvements.
What we're looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in Backend Software Development.
- Profound knowledge of Backend programming language and its ecosystems (e.g., Python, PHP, Java).
- Wiling to learn Python programming language and its ecosystem, including popular frameworks and libraries (e.g., Django, Flask, NumPy, Pandas).
- Hands-on experience in creating efficient, scalable, and customizable applications tailored to specific architectural needs.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, ArgoCD, GitLab or similar).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git).
- Experience with working on highly scalable and traffic heavy websites.
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology, Continuous Integration and Unit testing.
- Ability and desire to work in small and dynamic teams.
- Willingness to learn modern technologies and propose innovative solutions.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Good verbal communication and good interpersonal skills.
What will be considered as a bonus:
- Django framework experience or another Python web framework
- Proficient knowledge of and passion for the Linux operating system (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS).
- Experience with Kubernetes and any of container runtimes.
- Experience or interest in Python, Go or Node.js.
We have more than cookies:
- Flexible working environment – we have offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Kragujevac and Ljubljana.
- Private healthcare
- Christmas bonus
- Gifts for your special days
- “Healthy” Friday – not always healthy snacks on Fridays
- 25 vacation days
- Growing International team