System Architect - Android TV
What you'll have here:
Learn more about
- Scalability: Working on products that we can use every day and have millions of users. Some of them are your friends, neighbors, family members.
- People: You will work with experts, community leaders and senior engineers who made these products from scratch. They will reveal to you how the whiteboard idea turns into a worldwide platform.
- Internal learning sessions and innovation challenges: We are an innovation center primarily and you can be part of initiatives, research and focus groups…and don't miss to take a place in innovation challenges and hackathons.
- Tech stack: We are technical agnostics and programming languages are just a tool, but they can make our job easy. Thus we're following the latest technology trends.
- Engineering mindset: Writing application code is just part of the story – here you can mix tools, improve your knowledge about clean code, unit tests and other agile technical practices, and be involved in all application lifecycle management stages.
- Career growth: We strongly believe in feedback culture and development plans.
- Community: You wanna share your knowledge with the community? You are more than welcome. If you are not a great speaker, that is also fine.
What we're looking for:
- Create technical strategy and vision for creating the best-in-class Android TV experience on devices supported by United Cloud.
- Closely follow the development of Android TV, new features, announcements given by Google, and identify use cases that would utilise said features.
- Understand the desired business or departmental strategy and outcomes and translate those requirements into a demand for new or enhanced technologies, trends, standards and/or products as required.
- Work closely with decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions.
- Decide on the right strategy and approach to support business plans and goals.
- Advise on the best tools and other technology elements to achieve mid-term functional objectives.
- Break down outcomes into defined parts ensuring they will meet the requirements. The structure should be captured in the high-level system architecture document which becomes an important reference to ensure alignment, consistency and clarity across all projects and implementations.
- Decide on the architecture - formulate the design and organisation of the system. Create a solution structure which will meet the requirements, balancing the goals and constraints on the solution.
- Advise and support development teams on recommended solution by a combination of mentoring and hands-on involvement.
- Ensure constant improvement of team's technical skills and practices
- Ensure defined solution meets UC technical and security standards.
- Work closely with other experts, System Architects, DevOps, and other technical roles to create and maintain product.
- Communicate with management and other stakeholders to address and suggest further improvements.
We have more than cookies:
- 5+ years of practical experience as a multi-disciplinary technology generalist
- Exceptional software development and/or engineering background
- Practical experience in dealing with complex problems through decomposition & integration
- Exceptional understanding software, hardware, and user interactions, integrations, and interfaces
- Know-how of the Android TV ecosystem.
- Understanding of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding internal and external communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Attention to detail.
- BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Marketing or other relevant fields.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Hybrid working environment – work from home or from our cozy offices (New Belgrade and city center hub)/Kragujevac hub.
- Private healthcare.
- Christmas bonus.
- Gifts for your special days.
- “Healthy” Friday – not always healthy snacks on Fridays.
- 25 vacation days.
- Growing International team.
careers at United Cloud
System Architect - Android TV